Jump to Main Content
- Rafique, Muhammad Imran; Usman, Adel R. A.; Ahmad, Munir; Sallam, Abdelazeem; Al-Wabel, Mohammad I.
- Journal of soils and sediments 2020 v.20 no.1 pp. 330-339
- Zea mays; Ziziphus spina-christi; application rate; biochar; chromium; copper; corn; crop production; detection limit; feedstocks; greenhouse experimentation; harvesting; heavy metals; iron; landfills; leachates; lead; manganese; plant growth; polluted soils; pyrolysis; shoots; soil amendments; tanneries; temperature; toxic substances; wastes; zinc
- ... PURPOSE: Tannery waste–contaminated soil has a high amount of several toxic chemicals and heavy metals including chromium (Cr), which makes it unsuitable for agriculture practices. Majority of studies have reported the use of biochar (BC) as an amendment to restore contaminated soil. The efficiency of BC to immobilize Cr depends on its pretreatment and feedstock. This study aimed to investigate th ...
- Lin, Ziwen; Dou, Chunying; Li, Yongfu; Wang, Hailong; Niazi, Nabeel Khan; Zhang, Shaobo; Liu, Dan; Zhao, Keli; Fu, Weijun; Li, Yongchun; Ye, Zhengqian
- Journal of soils and sediments 2020 v.20 no.1 pp. 320-329
- Sedum; biomass production; cadmium; fertilizer rates; field experimentation; heavy metals; hydroponics; hyperaccumulators; manure amendments; nitrogen; nitrogen fertilizers; nutrient solutions; nutrient uptake; phytoaccumulation; pig manure; plant growth; polluted soils; seedlings; shoots; zinc
- ... PURPOSE: Nitrogen (N) fertilization is known to have a substantial effect on heavy metal uptake in plants. However, the impact of N fertilization on plant growth and heavy metal uptake of hyperaccumulator plants remains unclear. This study examined the effect of N fertilization on growth and uptake of zinc (Zn) and cadmium (Cd) in Zn/Cd-hyperaccumulating plants species, Sedum alfredii (S. alfredii ...