Jump to Main Content
- Smutná, Marie; Hilscherová, Klára; Pašková, Veronika; Maršálek, Blahoslav
- Journal of soils and sediments 2008 v.8 no.3 pp. 154-164
- direct contact, etc ; Daphnia magna; Pseudomonas putida; Scenedesmus; Sinapis alba; Tubifex tubifex; animals; bioassays; biomarkers; chemical analysis; ecotoxicology; glutathione; glutathione peroxidase; glutathione transferase; glutathione-disulfide reductase; heavy metals; hydrophobicity; lakes; mortality; multivariate analysis; oxidative stress; pollutants; prediction; risk; sediment contamination; sediments; sublethal effects; surface water; surveys; t-test; toxicity testing; xenobiotics; Czech Republic; Show all 33 Subjects
- ... Background, aim, and scope Restoration of lakes and reservoirs with extensive cyanobacterial water bloom often requires evaluation of the sediment quality. Next to the chemical analysis of known pollutants, sediment bioassays should be employed to assess toxicity of the present contaminants and to make predictions of associated risk. Brno reservoir in the Czech Republic is a typical example of wat ...
- Pane, Luigi; Giacco, Elisabetta; Corrà, Christian; Greco, Giuliano; Mariottini, Gian Luigi; Varisco, Franco; Faimali, Marco
- Journal of soils and sediments 2008 v.8 no.2 pp. 74-79
- direct contact, etc ; Acartia tonsa; Dunaliella tertiolecta; Tigriopus japonicus; acute toxicity; adults; bioassays; ecotoxicology; eggs; growth retardation; hatching; indigenous species; indirect contact; lethal concentration 50; marine sediments; mortality; nauplii; neonates; polyesters; polystyrenes; rearing; risk assessment; sediment contamination; sodium alginate; trophic relationships; wastewater; xenobiotics; Adriatic Sea; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... Background, Aim and Scope The toxicity of contaminated sediments should be evaluated considering the direct exposure of laboratory organisms to whole sediments and the indirect exposure to elutriates or extracts (Tay et al. 1992, Byrne and Halloran 1999, Nendza 2002). The alga Dunaliella tertiolecta is indicated for the use in toxicity bioassays because it is highly sensitive to several xenobiotic ...