Jump to Main Content
- Holm, Stig-Olof
- Journal of sustainable forestry 2015 v.34 no.4 pp. 358-379
- biodiversity; boreal forests; ecosystem services; forestry; gases; landscapes; logging; models; plantations; reindeer; sustainable forestry; trees; wood
- ... A change of the forestry management approach where semi-natural forests are re-created after logging instead of tree plantations will contribute to a sustainable forestry. Such a change will increase resilience to damages on trees, thus contributing to a more reliable supply of wood, improve reindeer husbandry, and reduce climate-driving gases. Furthermore, re-creation of semi-natural forests will ...
- Sinacore, Katherine; Howard, Theodore
- Journal of sustainable forestry 2015 v.34 no.4 pp. 319-342
- biodiversity; data collection; forests; hardwood; harvesting; inventories; silviculture; trees; wood quality; New England region; New Hampshire
- ... Single-tree and small-group selection silviculture are widely used uneven-age management regimes in the northeastern United States to create structural diversity and provide high quality timber. However, analysis of long-term performance of these systems is uncommon, largely due to limited access to long-term data sets in the region. The Bartlett Experimental Forest, one of the few permanent exper ...