Jump to Main Content
- Adams, John C.; Farrish, Kenneth W.; Adams, Joshua P.
- Journal of sustainable forestry 2015 v.34 no.4 pp. 406-421
- alluvial plains; deciduous forests; forest litter; hardwood; hardwood forests; leaves; nitrogen; nutrient content; nutrient management; nutrients; potassium; streams; trees; watersheds; Louisiana
- ... Minor stream bottoms (alluvial floodplains) in the southeastern United States contain large areas of hardwood forests which are a potential sink for upstream nutrients. As a sink, they serve an important role in reducing the loss of nutrients from the sites via the watershed. However, little is known about nutrients stored in forest litter that have the potential to be cycled back to the forest or ...
- Sinacore, Katherine; Howard, Theodore
- Journal of sustainable forestry 2015 v.34 no.4 pp. 319-342
- biodiversity; data collection; forests; hardwood; harvesting; inventories; silviculture; trees; wood quality; New England region; New Hampshire
- ... Single-tree and small-group selection silviculture are widely used uneven-age management regimes in the northeastern United States to create structural diversity and provide high quality timber. However, analysis of long-term performance of these systems is uncommon, largely due to limited access to long-term data sets in the region. The Bartlett Experimental Forest, one of the few permanent exper ...