Jump to Main Content
- Wilson, Arran; Jeltema, Melissa; Morgenstern, Marco P.; Motoi, Lidia; Kim, Esther; Hedderley, Duncan
- Journal of texture studies 2018 v.49 no.3 pp. 262-273
- sensation, etc ; analysis of variance; discriminant analysis; females; foods; males; mastication; models; product testing; sensory evaluation; texture; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... The purpose of this study was to investigate the hypotheses that when presented with foods that could be chewed in different ways, (1) are participants jaw movements and chewing sequence measures correlated with Mouth Behavior (MB) group, as measured by the JBMB typing tool? (2) can MB group membership can be predicted from jaw movement and chewing sequence measures? One hundred subjects (69 femal ...
- Lillford, Peter
- Journal of texture studies 2018 v.49 no.2 pp. 213-218
- sensation, etc ; deglutition; food industry; foods; forensic sciences; mastication; microscopy; mouth; product development; rheology; texture; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Texture is one of foods' most important qualities, but is a sensory perception by consumers. To understand, predict and design for sensory appeal, we must codify the sensory response and diagnose the physical stimuli in the mouth which give rise to perception. This brief review examines the leading contributions from Szczesniak and Bourne and shows the developments in the field, built on their ear ...