Jump to Main Content
- Andres, Aline; Shankar, Kartik; Badger, Thomas M.
- Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics 2012 v.112 no.7 pp. 991-995
- weight gain; metabolism; breast feeding; mothers; women; risk factors; children; infancy; infants; obesity; body mass index; birth weight; body fat; United States
- ... BACKGROUND: Although there is evidence that maternal prepregnancy obesity (body mass index [BMI; calculated as kg/m²] ≥30) results in elevated risk of obesity in the offspring later in life, maternal prepregnancy overweight (BMI 25 to 29.9) has not been clearly demonstrated as a risk factor for the future development of obesity in the offspring. OBJECTIVE: Our objective was to determine if body co ...
- Fung, Ellen B.; Xu, Yan; Trachtenberg, Felicia; Odame, Isaac; Kwiatkowski, Janet L.; Neufeld, Ellis J.; Thompson, Alexis A.; Boudreaux, Jeanne; Quinn, Charles T.; Vichinsky, Elliott P.
- Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics 2012 v.112 no.7 pp. 980-990
- Dietary Reference Intakes; Estimated Average Requirement; adolescents; adults; blood serum; calcium; children; cohort studies; folic acid; food intake; health status; hematology; iron; magnesium; monitoring; nutrient deficiencies; nutrient intake; nutrients; nutritional status; nutritive value; patients; questionnaires; regression analysis; riboflavin; risk; selenium; t-test; thalassemia; thiamin; vitamin A; vitamin B12; vitamin D; zinc; Canada; United States
- ... BACKGROUND: Patients with thalassemia have low circulating levels of many nutrients, but the contribution of dietary intake has not been assessed. OBJECTIVE: Our objective was to assess dietary intake in a large contemporary sample of subjects with thalassemia. DESIGN: A prospective, longitudinal cohort study using a validated food frequency questionnaire was conducted. PARTICIPANTS/SETTING: Two h ...
- PubMed Central: