Jump to Main Content
- Andres, Aline; Shankar, Kartik; Badger, Thomas M.
- Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics 2012 v.112 no.7 pp. 991-995
- weight gain; metabolism; breast feeding; mothers; women; risk factors; children; infancy; infants; obesity; body mass index; birth weight; body fat; United States
- ... BACKGROUND: Although there is evidence that maternal prepregnancy obesity (body mass index [BMI; calculated as kg/m²] ≥30) results in elevated risk of obesity in the offspring later in life, maternal prepregnancy overweight (BMI 25 to 29.9) has not been clearly demonstrated as a risk factor for the future development of obesity in the offspring. OBJECTIVE: Our objective was to determine if body co ...
- Macrina, Ann L.; Ott, Troy L.; Roberts, Robert F.; Kensinger, Ronald S.
- Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics 2012 v.112 no.7 pp. 1088-1093
- Food and Drug Administration; Holstein; adverse effects; analysis of variance; cows; estradiol; estrone; guidelines; humans; milk analysis; nutrition; skim milk; whole milk; United States
- ... Dairy products naturally contain estrogens, and some consumer groups contend these estrogens cause adverse health effects. The objectives of this research were to characterize estrone (E₁) and estrone sulfate (E₁S) concentrations in milk from a large number of individual cows, in skim and fat fractions of milk, and in retail milk to provide food and nutrition practitioners with information to esti ...