Jump to Main Content
- Dauphin-Ducharme, Philippe; Arroyo-Currás, Netzahualcóyotl; Plaxco, Kevin W.
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2019 v.141 no.3 pp. 1304-1311
- DNA; confidence interval; electrochemistry; electrodes; electron transfer; electrons; guanine
- ... Despite 25 years’ effort, serious questions remain regarding the mechanism(s) underlying electron transfer through (or from) electrode-bound double-stranded DNA. In part this is because a control experiment regarding the putatively critical role of guanine bases in the most widely proposed transport mechanism (hopping from guanine to guanine through the π-stack) appears to be lacking from the prio ...
- Hickey, David P.; Sandford, Christopher; Rhodes, Zayn; Gensch, Tobias; Fries, Lydia R.; Sigman, Matthew S.; Minteer, Shelley D.
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2019 v.141 no.3 pp. 1382-1392
- bromine; carbon-hydrogen bond activation; chlorine; cobalt; electrochemistry; electron transfer; electronics; hydrogen production; iodine; ligands; models; organometallic compounds; oxidation; thermodynamics
- ... Cobalt complexes have shown great promise as electrocatalysts in applications ranging from hydrogen evolution to C–H functionalization. However, the use of such complexes often requires polydentate, bulky ligands to stabilize the catalytically active Co(I) oxidation state from deleterious disproportionation reactions to enable the desired reactivity. Herein, we describe the use of bidentate electr ...