Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Ying-Chun, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2018 v.140 no.30 pp. 9774-9780
- aldehydes; alkylation; amino acids; catalysts; catalytic activity; density functional theory; esters; imines
- ... Chiral aldehyde catalysis is uniquely suitable for the direct asymmetric α-functionalization of N-unprotected amino acids, because aldehydes can reversibly form imines. However, there have been few successful reports of these transformations. In fact, only chiral aldehyde catalyzed aldol reactions of amino acids and alkylation of 2-amino malonates have been reported with good chiral induction. Her ...
- Chen, Ying, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2018 v.140 no.13 pp. 4712-4720
- Lewis acids; biomarkers; carcinogenesis; cell death; chemical bonding; cysteine; neurodegenerative diseases; peroxidation; phospholipids; proteins
- ... Ferroptosis is a regulated form of necrotic cell death implicated in carcinogenesis and neurodegeneration that is driven by phospholipid peroxidation. Lipid-derived electrophiles (LDEs) generated during this process can covalently modify proteins (“carbonylation”) and affect their functions. Here we report the development of a quantitative chemoproteomic method to profile carbonylations in ferropt ...