Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Xinran; da Silva, Ivan; Godfrey, Harry G. W.; Callear, Samantha K.; Sapchenko, Sergey A.; Cheng, Yongqiang; Vitórica-Yrezábal, Inigo; Frogley, Mark D.; Cinque, Gianfelice; Tang, Chiu C.; Giacobbe, Carlotta; Dejoie, Catherine; Rudić, Svemir; Ramirez-Cuesta, Anibal J.; Denecke, Melissa A.; Yang, Sihai; Schröder, Martin
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2017 v.139 no.45 pp. 16289-16296
- Raman spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; adsorption; aluminum; binding sites; coordination polymers; density functional theory; iodine; iron; ligands; moieties; neutrons; nuclear power; radioactive waste; waste disposal
- ... During nuclear waste disposal process, radioactive iodine as a fission product can be released. The widespread implementation of sustainable nuclear energy thus requires the development of efficient iodine stores that have simultaneously high capacity, stability and more importantly, storage density (and hence minimized system volume). Here, we report high I₂ adsorption in a series of robust porou ...
- PubMed Central:
- Bier, David; Mittal, Sumit; Bravo-Rodriguez, Kenny; Sowislok, Andrea; Guillory, Xavier; Briels, Jeroen; Heid, Christian; Bartel, Maria; Wettig, Burkhard; Brunsveld, Luc; Sanchez-Garcia, Elsa; Schrader, Thomas; Ottmann, Christian
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2017 v.139 no.45 pp. 16256-16263
- crystallography; ligands; protein-protein interactions; proteins; stabilizers
- ... Protein regions that are involved in protein–protein interactions (PPIs) very often display a high degree of intrinsic disorder, which is reduced during the recognition process. A prime example is binding of the rigid 14-3-3 adapter proteins to their numerous partner proteins, whose recognition motifs undergo an extensive disorder-to-order transition. In this context, it is highly desirable to con ...
- PubMed Central: