Jump to Main Content
- Bakewell, Clare; White, Andrew
J. P.; Crimmin, Mark R.
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2016 v.138 no.39 pp. 12763-12766
- chemical bonding; fluorine; magnesium; reaction mechanisms; solutions
- ... Addition of the carbon–fluorine bond of a series of perfluorinated and polyfluorinated arenes across the Mg–Mg bond of a simple coordination complex proceeds rapidly in solution. The reaction results in the formation of a new carbon–magnesium bond and a new fluorine–magnesium bond and is analogous to Grignard formation in homogeneous solution. ...
- PubMed Central:
- Groendyke, Brian
J.; AbuSalim, Deyaa I.; Cook, Silas P.
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2016 v.138 no.39 pp. 12771-12774
- additives; chemical bonding; fluorides; fluorine; iron
- ... This communication describes a mild, amide-directed fluorination of benzylic, allylic, and unactivated C–H bonds mediated by iron. Upon exposure to a catalytic amount of iron(II) triflate (Fe(OTf)₂), N-fluoro-2-methylbenzamides undergo chemoselective fluorine transfer to provide the corresponding fluorides in high yield. The reaction demonstrates broad substrate scope and functional group toleranc ...