Jump to Main Content
- Borhan, Babak, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2014 v.136 no.2 pp. 550-553
- hydrogen bonding; models; monoamines; prediction; stereoisomerism
- ... A host molecule, capable of freely adopting P or M helicity, is described for molecular recognition and chirality sensing. The host, consisting of a biphenol core, binds chiral amines via hydrogen-bonding interactions. The diastereomeric complex will favor either P or M helicity as a result of minimizing steric interactions of the guest molecule with the binding cavity of the host, resulting in a ...
- Borhan, Babak, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2014 v.136 no.38 pp. 13355-13362
- alkenes; amides; amines; chemical reactions; ions; oxygen; prediction
- ... We introduce a previously unexplored parameterhalenium affinity (HalA)– as a quantitative descriptor of the bond strengths of various functional groups to halenium ions. The HalA scale ranks potential halenium ion acceptors based on their ability to stabilize a “free halenium ion”. Alkenes in particular but other Lewis bases as well, such as amines, amides, carbonyls, and ether oxygen atoms, etc. ...