Jump to Main Content
- Du, Pingwu; Kokhan, Oleksandr; Chapman, Karena
W.; Chupas, Peter J.; Tiede, David M.
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2012 v.134 no.27 pp. 11096-11099
- X-radiation; catalysts; cobalt; cobalt oxide; energy; oxygen; phosphates
- ... Pair distribution function (PDF) analysis was applied for structural characterization of the cobalt oxide water-splitting catalyst films using high energy X-ray scattering. The catalyst was found to be composed of domains consistent with a cobalt dioxide lattice sheet structure, possibly containing a Co₄O₄ cubane-type “defect”. The analysis identifies the film to consist of domains composed of 13– ...
- Duangdee, Nongnaphat; Harnying, Wacharee; Rulli, Giuseppe; Neudörfl, Jörg-M.; Gröger, Harald; Berkessel, Albrecht
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2012 v.134 no.27 pp. 11196-11205
- X-radiation; X-ray diffraction; acids; alcohols; ammonium chloride; catalysts; enantiomers; high performance liquid chromatography; monitoring; solvents
- ... Aldol reactions with trifluoroacetophenones as acceptors yield chiral α-aryl, α-trifluoromethyl tertiary alcohols, valuable intermediates in organic synthesis. Of the various organocatalysts examined, Singh’s catalyst [(2S)-N-[(1S)-1-hydroxydiphenylmethyl-3-methylbutyl]-2-pyrrolidinecarboxamide] was found to efficiently promote this organocatalytic transformation in a highly enantioselective manne ...