Jump to Main Content
- Finney, Eric E.; Ogawa, Kelli A.; Boydston, Andrew J.
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2012 v.134 no.30 pp. 12374-12377
- alcohols; aldehydes; esters; hydrogen; oxidation
- ... A method for the catalytic formation of electroauxiliaries and subsequent anodic oxidation has been developed. The process interfaces N-heterocyclic carbene-based organocatalysis with electro-organic synthesis to achieve direct oxidation of catalytically generated electroactive intermediates. We demonstrate the applicability of this method as a one-pot conversion of aldehydes to esters for a broad ...
- Siler, Cassandra
G. F.; Xu, Bingjun; Madix, Robert J.; Friend, Cynthia M.
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2012 v.134 no.30 pp. 12604-12610
- acetaldehyde; acetylation; alcohols; amides; carbon; catalysts; chemical bonding; crystals; desorption; dimethylamine; gold; oxidation; oxygen; silver; vapors
- ... A general mechanism for the oxygen-assisted synthesis of amides over metallic gold and silver surfaces has been derived from the study of acetaldehyde and dimethylamine in combination with previous work, allowing detailed comparison of the two surfaces’ reactivities. Facile acetylation of dimethylamine by acetaldehyde occurs with high selectivity on oxygen-covered silver and gold (111) crystals vi ...