Jump to Main Content
- Ye, Rong; Zhukhovitskiy, Aleksandr V.; Kazantsev, Roman V.; Fakra, Sirine C.; Wickemeyer, Brent B.; Toste, F. Dean; Somorjai, Gabor A.
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2018 v.140 no.11 pp. 4144-4149
- carbenes; catalysts; catalytic activity; dendrimers; enantioselectivity; gold; heterocyclic nitrogen compounds; hydrogenation; leaching; ligands; models; nanogold; nanoparticles; stereochemistry
- ... Attachment of N-heterocyclic carbenes (NHCs) on the surface of metal nanoparticle (NP) catalysts permits fine-tuning of catalytic activity and product selectivity. Yet, NHC-coated Au NPs have been seldom used in catalysis beyond hydrogenation chemistry. One challenge in this field has been to develop a platform that permits arbitrary ligand modification without having to compromise NP stability to ...
- Camacho-Bunquin, Jeffrey; Ferrandon, Magali; Sohn, Hyuntae; Yang, Dali; Liu, Cong; Ignacio-de Leon, Patricia Anne; Perras, Frédéric A.; Pruski, Marek; Stair, Peter C.; Delferro, Massimiliano
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2018 v.140 no.11 pp. 3940-3951
- X-ray absorption spectroscopy; ambient temperature; catalysts; chemoselectivity; halogens; hydrogenation; models; moieties; nitrobenzenes; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; olefin; silica; thermodynamics; toluene; transmission electron microscopy; zinc
- ... Well-defined organoplatinum(IV) sites were grafted on a Zn(II)-modified SiO₂ support via surface organometallic chemistry in toluene at room temperature. Solid-state spectroscopies including XAS, DRIFTS, DRUV–vis, and solid-state (SS) NMR enhanced by dynamic nuclear polarization (DNP), as well as TPR-H₂ and TEM techniques revealed highly dispersed (methylcyclopentadienyl)methylplatinum(IV) sites o ...