Jump to Main Content
- Nino, Juan C., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2012 v.134 no.18 pp. 7679-7689
- anions; cations; cobalt; copper; hydrogen bonding; nickel; physical properties; probability; zinc
- ... A methodology for the design of polar, inorganic structures is demonstrated here with the packing of lambda (Λ)-shaped basic building units (BBUs). Noncentrosymmetric (NCS) solids with interesting physical properties can be created with BBUs that lack an inversion center and are likely to pack into a polar configuration; previous methods to construct these solids have used NCS octahedra as BBUs. U ...
- Nino, Juan C., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2013 v.135 no.32 pp. 11942-11950
- crystallization; crystals
- ... For a crystal to exhibit nonlinear optical (NLO) activity such as second-harmonic generation (SHG), it must belong to a noncentrosymmetric (NCS) space group. Moreover, for these nonlinear optical (NLO) materials to be suitable for practical uses, the synthesized crystals should be phase-matchable (PM). Previous synthetic research into SHG-active crystals has centered on (i) how to create NCS compo ...