Jump to Main Content
- Xiao, Chaoxian, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2017 v.139 no.13 pp. 4762-4768
- carbon nanotubes; catalysts; fuel cells; hydroxyl radicals; methanol; methodology; nanoparticles; oxidation; porous media; prediction; silica; temperature; zinc
- ... Atomically ordered intermetallic nanoparticles (iNPs) have sparked considerable interest in fuel cell applications by virtue of their exceptional electronic and structural properties. However, the synthesis of small iNPs in a controllable manner remains a formidable challenge because of the high temperature generally required in the formation of intermetallic phases. Here we report a general metho ...
- Xiao, Chaoxian, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2013 v.135 no.26 pp. 9592-9595
- carbon monoxide; catalysts; energy; oxidation; oxygen; sodium; superoxide anion; temperature
- ... The enhanced stability and modified electronic structure of intermetallic compounds provide discovery of superior catalysts for chemical conversions with high activity, selectivity, and stability. We find that the intermetallic NaAu₂ is an active catalyst for CO oxidation at low temperatures. From density functional theory calculations, a reaction mechanism is suggested to explain the observed low ...