Jump to Main Content
- Quick, Matthias, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2013 v.135 no.38 pp. 14266-14275
- binding sites; detergents; functional properties; hydrophilicity; hydrophobicity; leucine; mammals; molecular dynamics; neurotransmitters; sodium; symporters
- ... Structural and functional properties of integral membrane proteins are often studied in detergent micellar environments (proteomicelles), but how such proteomicelles form and organize is not well understood. This makes it difficult to evaluate the relationship between the properties of the proteins measured in such a detergent-solubilized form and under native conditions. To obtain mechanistic inf ...
- PubMed Central:
- Quick, Martin; Quick, Michael T., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2017 v.139 no.42 pp. 15265-15274
- acetonitrile; alkenes; fluorescence; hexane; photochemical reactions; stilbenes; zwitterions
- ... Spontaneous polarization of a nonpolar molecule upon photoexcitation (the sudden polarization effect) earlier discussed for 90°-twisted alkenes is observed and calculated for planar ring-fluorinated stilbenes, trans-2,3,5,6,2′,3′,5′,6′-octofluorostilbene (tF2356) and trans-2,3,4,5,6,2′,3′,4′,5′,6′-decafluorostilbene (tF23456). Due to the fluorination, Franck–Condon states S₁FC and S₂FC are dominat ...