Jump to Main Content
- Andrade, Lucia; Zazpe, Itziar; Santiago, Susana; Carlos, Silvia; Bes-Rastrollo, Maira; Martínez-González, Miguel-Angel
- Journal of the American College of Nutrition 2017 v.36 no.5 pp. 319-329
- Mediterranean diet; body mass index; confidence interval; eating habits; fat intake; females; food frequency questionnaires; healthy diet; meat; middle-aged adults; odds ratio; pastries; physical activity; snacks; sweets
- ... Objective : The objective of this study was to assess the within-subject longitudinal changes in self-perceived healthy eating attitudes after 10 years of follow-up and to identify predictors of long-term changes in a middle-aged adult cohort. Methods : Four thousand five hundred seventy-two participants completed a validated food frequency questionnaire (FFQ) at baseline and after 10 years of fol ...
- Kahleova, Hana; Klementova, Marta; Herynek, Vit; Skoch, Antonin; Herynek, Stepan; Hill, Martin; Mari, Andrea; Pelikanova, Terezie
- Journal of the American College of Nutrition 2017 v.36 no.5 pp. 364-369
- adipose tissue; blood glucose; body mass index; confidence interval; diabetic diet; glucose; glycohemoglobin; hyperinsulinemia; insulin resistance; intramuscular fat; islets of Langerhans; lipid metabolism; magnetic resonance imaging; mathematical models; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; regression analysis; subcutaneous fat; test meals; tissue distribution; triacylglycerols; vegetarian diet
- ... Objective : The aim of our study was to compare the effects of a vegetarian and a conventional diet on thigh adipose tissue distribution in subjects with type 2 diabetes (T2D). Methods : Seventy-four subjects with T2D were randomly assigned to either follow a vegetarian diet (V, n = 37) or a control group who followed an isocaloric conventional anti-diabetic diet (C, n = 37). Both diets were calor ...