Jump to Main Content
- Tiwary, C.M.; Ward, J.A.; Jackson, B.A.
- Journal of the American College of Nutrition 1997 v.16 no.5 pp. 423-428
- pectins; satiety; men; women; dietary fiber
- ... Objective: We tested the hypothesis that pectin, a source of dietary fiber that delays gastric emptying, increases satiety. Methods: Male (n = 49) and female (n = 25) US Army employees within normal weight limits were fasted overnight then fed 448 mL of orange juice on 2 separate days followed 4 hours later by 0.473 L of ice cream. On 1 of the 2 days, 5, 10, 15 or 20 g of pectin was mixed with the ...
- Higashi, K.; Ishikawa, T.; Shige, H.; Tomiyasu, K.; Yoshida, H.; Ito, T.; Nakajima, K.; Yonemura, A.; Sawada, S.; Nakamura, H.
- Journal of the American College of Nutrition 1997 v.16 no.5 pp. 429-434
- dietary fat; olive oil; milk fat; safflower oil; blood lipids; men; chylomicrons
- ... Objective: The acute effects of olive oil, milk fat and safflower oil on postprandial lipemia and remnant lipoprotein metabolism were investigated. Methods: Eight Healthy male volunteers randomly underwent three types of oral fat-vitamin A loading tests. The test drink was a mixture of retinyl palmitate (RP) (50,000 IU of aqueous vitamin A/m2 body surface area) and one of the three types of oils ( ...