Jump to Main Content
- Murphy, Suzanne P.; Wilkens, Lynne R.; Monroe, Kristine R.; Steffen, Alana D.; Yonemori, Kim M.; Morimoto, Yukiko; Albright, Cheryl L.
- Journal of the American Dietetic Association 2011 v.111 no.7 pp. 1065-1072
- African Americans; Latinos; ascorbic acid; elderly; fish oils; inventories; men; nutrient intake; observational studies; vitamin E; vitamin supplements; women; Hawaii
- ... Use of dietary supplements is widespread, yet intakes from supplements are difficult to quantify. The Supplement Reporting study utilized a unique inventory method to quantify dietary supplement use across 1 year in a sample of 397 supplement users. Interviewers visited participants' homes in 2005-2006 to record supplement purchases and the number of pills in each supplement bottle every 3 months. ...
- PubMed Central:
- Zoellner, Jamie; You, Wen; Connell, Carol; Smith-Ray, Renae L.; Allen, Kacie; Tucker, Katherine L.; Davy, Brenda M.; Estabrooks, Paul
- Journal of the American Dietetic Association 2011 v.111 no.7 pp. 1012-1020
- African Americans; Dietary Guidelines; Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program; academic degrees; adults; analysis of variance; beverages; compliance; equipment; food frequency questionnaires; healthy diet; household income; linear models; literacy; surveys; traditional foods; Mississippi
- ... Background: Although health literacy has been a public health priority area for more than a decade, the relationship between health literacy and dietary quality has not been thoroughly explored. Objective: To evaluate health literacy skills in relation to Healthy Eating Index (HEI) scores and sugar-sweetened beverage (SSB) consumption while accounting for demographic variables. Design: Cross-secti ...
- PubMed Central: