Jump to Main Content
- Zoellner, Jamie; You, Wen; Connell, Carol; Smith-Ray, Renae L.; Allen, Kacie; Tucker, Katherine L.; Davy, Brenda M.; Estabrooks, Paul
- Journal of the American Dietetic Association 2011 v.111 no.7 pp. 1012-1020
- African Americans; Dietary Guidelines; Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program; academic degrees; adults; analysis of variance; beverages; compliance; equipment; food frequency questionnaires; healthy diet; household income; linear models; literacy; surveys; traditional foods; Mississippi
- ... Background: Although health literacy has been a public health priority area for more than a decade, the relationship between health literacy and dietary quality has not been thoroughly explored. Objective: To evaluate health literacy skills in relation to Healthy Eating Index (HEI) scores and sugar-sweetened beverage (SSB) consumption while accounting for demographic variables. Design: Cross-secti ...
- PubMed Central:
- Teixeira, Juliana Araujo; Baggio, Maria Luiza; Giuliano, Anna R.; Fisberg, Regina Mara; Marchioni, Dirce Maria Lobo
- Journal of the American Dietetic Association 2011 v.111 no.7 pp. 1045-1051
- Papillomaviridae; ascorbic acid; calcium; cohort studies; correlation; cross-sectional studies; data collection; energy intake; equipment; experimental design; food frequency questionnaires; humans; interviews; men; natural history; nutrients; polyunsaturated fatty acids; prospective studies; vitamin E; Brazil
- ... The Natural History of Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Infection in Men: The HIM Study is a prospective multicenter cohort study that, among other factors, analyzes participants' diet. A parallel cross-sectional study was designed to evaluate the validity and reproducibility of the quantitative food frequency questionnaire (QFFQ) used in the Brazilian center from the HIM Study. For this, a convenience ...
- PubMed Central: