Jump to Main Content
- Harrington, Kathleen Fleege; Kohler, Connie L.; McClure, Leslie A.; Franklin, Frank A.
- Journal of the American Dietetic Association 2009 v.109 no.1 pp. 36-44
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; food groups; gender; elementary schools; school food service; school lunch; randomized clinical trials; nationalities and ethnic groups; diet recall; child nutrition; serving size; data collection; middle schools; lunch; portion size; nutritional intervention; nutrition education; elementary students; children; middle school students; body mass index; races; food availability; food choices; vegetables; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... Objective: Dietary interventions with children often use self-reported data to assess efficacy despite that objective methods rarely support self-report findings in validation studies. This study compared fourth graders' self-reported to observed lunch fruit and vegetable intake to determine if the accuracy of self-reported intake varied by treatment condition. Design: Matched randomized follow-up ...
- PubMed Central:
- Baranowski, Tom; Watson, Kathy; Missaghian, Mariam; Broadfoot, Alison; Cullen, Karen; Nicklas, Theresa; Fisher, Jennifer; Baranowski, Janice; O'Donnell, Sharon
- Journal of the American Dietetic Association 2008 v.108 no.7 pp. 1231
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; child nutrition; children; body mass index; eating habits; food choices; food purchasing; food prices; affordability; sociodemographic characteristics; cross-sectional studies; food frequency questionnaires; fruits (food); vegetables; fruit juices; social services; consumer attitudes; food beliefs; social impact; health promotion; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Children tend to eat more fruit and vegetables when more are available in the home. We proposed and tested a model that predicts the availability at home (hereinafter termed “home availability”) of fruit, 100% juice, and vegetables, using new measures of frequency of food shopping, purchase, and comparative purchase outcome expectancies (ie, the perceived benefits and costs of purchasing fruit and ...
- PubMed Central: