Jump to Main Content
- Anderson, John; Ferrandino, Francis J.; Dingman, Douglas W.; Main, Andrew J.; Andreadis, Theodore G.; Becnel, James J.
- Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association 2011 v.27 no.1 pp. 45
- Bacillus sphaericus; Bacillus thuringiensis; Culex pipiens; Ochlerotatus japonicus; West Nile virus; breeding; human health; humans; instars; larvae; mosquito control; pupae; rain; risk; spinosad; summer; Connecticut
- ... Catch basins are a major source of Culex pipiens pipiens, Cx. restuans, and Aedes japonicus in northeastern USA. VectoBacH CG (Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis [Bti]), VectoLexH CG (Bacillus sphaericus [Bs]), and VectoBacH 12AS (Bti), each applied at maximum label rate of 1.8 g, 1.8 g, and 0.193 ml per catch basin, respectively, significantly reduced the numbers of larvae for 1 wk. The dosages o ...
- Xue, Rui-De; Muller, Gunter C.; Kline, Daniel L.; Barnard, Donald R.
- Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association 2011 v.27 no.1 pp. 56
- Aedes albopictus; adulticides; application rate; baits; boric acid; cages; humans; inflorescences; insect traps; insecticidal properties; insecticides; laboratory techniques; mortality; mosquito control; plants; spraying; toxicity
- ... The use of toxic baits to kill adult Aedes albopictus (Skuse) mosquitoes is a safe and potentially effective alternative to the use of synthetic chemical insecticides. This study was made to identify effective application rates for boric acid-sugar solution baits sprayed onto plant surfaces and to characterize the persistence of these baits in terms of a sustained reduction of adult mosquito densi ...