Jump to Main Content
- Lloyd, A.M.; Kline, D.L.; Hogsette, J.A.; Kaufman, P.E.; Allan, S.A.
- Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association 2008 v.24 no.2 pp. 253-262
- midges; trapping; equipment design; insect collection; equipment performance; seasonal variation; insect traps; Culicoides furens; Florida
- ... Two types of commercial propane-powered traps, mosquito magnet (MM) (American Biophysics Corporation) MM-Freedom (Freedom) and MM-Liberty Plus (Liberty Plus), were evaluated for the collection of Culicoides. Trap preference and seasonal characteristics for the 3 major species, Culicoides furens, Culicoides barbosai, and Culicoides mississippiensis, were recorded from July 7, 2005, to July 24, 2006 ...
- Rui-De Xue; Melissa A. Doyle; Daniel L. Kline
- Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association 2008 v.24 no.2 pp. 249-252
- CDC light traps; Culicidae; bait traps; carbon dioxide; insect attractants; octenol
- ... The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) light traps and Mosquito Magnet X (MMX) traps baited with dry ice, octenol, and a new formulation (granular) of carbon dioxide (CO2) were evaluated against adult mosquitoes in the field. The results showed that the MMX traps (68.6%) baited with dry ice collected more mosquitoes compared to the CDC light traps (32.4%) only. The CDC traps baited w ...