Jump to Main Content
- Muller, Gunter C., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association 2017 v.33 no.2 pp. 139-141
- Aedes albopictus; Ilex vomitoria; Ligustrum japonicum; Loropetalum; Podocarpus; adults; baits; bioassays; females; landscaping; leaves; mortality; ornamental plants; stems; sugars; toxicity; Florida
- ... Attractive toxic sugar bait (ATSB) was applied to 5 different types of commonly found plants in landscaping of northeastern Florida. The ATSB applications were assessed for possible plant effects and preference against Aedes albopictus in semifield evaluations. Positive and negative controls consisted of plants sprayed with attractive sugar bait (no toxicant) and plants with nothing applied. Bioas ...
- Muller, Gunter C., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association 2011 v.27 no.1 pp. 56
- Aedes albopictus; adulticides; application rate; baits; boric acid; cages; humans; inflorescences; insect traps; insecticidal properties; insecticides; laboratory techniques; mortality; mosquito control; plants; spraying; toxicity
- ... The use of toxic baits to kill adult Aedes albopictus (Skuse) mosquitoes is a safe and potentially effective alternative to the use of synthetic chemical insecticides. This study was made to identify effective application rates for boric acid-sugar solution baits sprayed onto plant surfaces and to characterize the persistence of these baits in terms of a sustained reduction of adult mosquito densi ...