Jump to Main Content
- Müller, Gunter C., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association 2016 v.32 no.4 pp. 292-299
- Atriplex lentiformis; Culex quinquefasciatus; Culex tarsalis; Pluchea; Tamarix ramosissima; West Nile virus; baits; boric acid; dry environmental conditions; garlic; microencapsulation; mortality; nontarget organisms; oils; sucrose; sugar feeding; toxicity; vector control; vegetation; California
- ... The project goal was to determine how a new vector control strategy that targets the sugar-feeding behavior of mosquitoes, attractive toxic sugar baits (ATSBs), can be used to more effectively control West Nile virus (WNV) vectors in the Coachella Valley, California. Three laboratory studies were conducted to determine the utility of this method for control against Culex quinquefasciatus and Culex ...
- Muller, Gunter C., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association 2011 v.27 no.1 pp. 56
- Aedes albopictus; adulticides; application rate; baits; boric acid; cages; humans; inflorescences; insect traps; insecticidal properties; insecticides; laboratory techniques; mortality; mosquito control; plants; spraying; toxicity
- ... The use of toxic baits to kill adult Aedes albopictus (Skuse) mosquitoes is a safe and potentially effective alternative to the use of synthetic chemical insecticides. This study was made to identify effective application rates for boric acid-sugar solution baits sprayed onto plant surfaces and to characterize the persistence of these baits in terms of a sustained reduction of adult mosquito densi ...