Jump to Main Content
- Muller, Gunter C., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association 2011 v.27 no.1 pp. 56
- Aedes albopictus; adulticides; application rate; baits; boric acid; cages; humans; inflorescences; insect traps; insecticidal properties; insecticides; laboratory techniques; mortality; mosquito control; plants; spraying; toxicity
- ... The use of toxic baits to kill adult Aedes albopictus (Skuse) mosquitoes is a safe and potentially effective alternative to the use of synthetic chemical insecticides. This study was made to identify effective application rates for boric acid-sugar solution baits sprayed onto plant surfaces and to characterize the persistence of these baits in terms of a sustained reduction of adult mosquito densi ...
- Müller, Günter C., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association 2013 v.29 no.3 pp. 231-236
- Aedes albopictus; Asplenium; Hibiscus; Plumbago; Ruellia simplex; Talipariti tiliaceum; Tradescantia pallida; energy; ferns and fern allies; glycogen; habitats; landscapes; landscaping; lipids; sugars; vegetation types; Florida
- ... The resting behavior of Aedes albopictus was evaluated by aspirating diurnal resting mosquitoes from common landscape vegetation in residential communities in St. Augustine, FL. Energy reserves of the resting mosquitoes were analyzed to determine if there was a correlation between mosquito resting habitat and energy accumulation. Six species of plants were selected and 9 collections of resting mos ...
- PubMed Central: