Jump to Main Content
- Bantchev, Grigor B.; Biresaw, Girma; Cermak, Steven C.
- Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society 2012 v.89 no.6 pp. 1091
- blended foods; equations; esters; fractionation; hydrodynamics; mixing; polyolefin; soybean oil; viscosity
- ... The film thickness in elastohydrodynamic (EHD) conditions for soybean oil (SBO), oleic estolide ester (EST) and their binary blends with polyalphaolefins (PAO2 or PAO40) were studied at 30 and 100 °C. Changes with time, for up to 200 min, were monitored. SBO and its blends with the lower viscosity PAO2 showed initially good agreement with the Hamrock–Dowson (H–D) equation down to 1–3 nm film thick ...
- Arca, Mert; Sharma, Brajendra K.; Price, Neil P. J.; Perez, Joseph M.; Doll, Kenneth M.
- Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society 2012 v.89 no.6 pp. 987
- catalysts; esters; gel permeation chromatography; heat treatment; mass spectrometry; methanol; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; soybean oil; temperature; transesterification
- ... A fatty methyl ester product has been made using two routes. Soybean oil was thermally polymerized anaerobically without a catalyst at 330 °C and the material was then transesterified using base catalyst and methanol. Alternatively, a similar product can be obtained by heating methyl linoleate to the same temperature in a pressure reactor. The product structure was studied by NMR spectroscopy, gel ...