Jump to Main Content
- Dyer, J.M.; Tang, F.; Chapital, D.C.; Lax, A.R.; Shepherd, H.S.; Shih, D.S.; Pepperman, A.B.
- Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society 1998 v.75 no.11 pp. 1687
- Vernicia fordii; seeds; tung oil
- ... Lipid-protein complexes were identified in the 104000×g supernatant fraction of developing tung (Aleurites fordii [Vernicia fordii]) seeds. Incubation of this fraction with linoleoyl-CoA promoted an increase of chloroform-extractable lipids in a time-dependent manner. High-performance liquid chromatography analysis indicated that the extracted lipids were similar to mature tung oil triglycerides. ...
- Hou, C.T.; Gardner, H.; Brown, W.
- Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society 1998 v.75 no.11 pp. 1483
- linoleic acid; biotransformation; hydroxy fatty acids; unsaturated fatty acids; chemical structure; spectral analysis; Clavibacter
- ... Hydroxy fatty acids are important industrial materials. We isolated a microbial culture, Clavibacter sp. ALA2, which converts linoleic acid to many polyhydroxy fatty acids. Structures of the products were determined as: 12, 13, 17-trihydroxy-9(Z)-octadecenoic (THOA, main product), 12-[5-ethyl-2-tetrahydrofuranyl]-7,12-dihydroxy-9(Z)-dodecenoic(ETDDA), and 12-[5-ethyl-2-tetrahydrofuranyl]-12-hydrox ...