Jump to Main Content
- Sanders, T.H.; Vercellotti, J.R.; Crippen, K.L.; Hinsch, R.T.; Rasmussen, G.K.; Edwards, J.H.
- Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society 1992 v.69 no.10 pp. 1032-1035
- peanuts; exports; storage quality; flavor; fatty acids; copper; iron; tocopherols; chemical composition; peroxide value; Argentina; China; United States
- Hayes, D.G.; Kleiman, R.
- Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society 1992 v.69 no.10 pp. 982
- Lesquerella; seed oils; hydroxy fatty acids; hydrolysis; triacylglycerols; triacylglycerol lipase; Rhizopus arrhizus; Lesquerella fendleri
- ... Two hydroxy acids, lesquerolic (53 wt%) and auricolic (4%), are present at significant quantities in Lesquerella fendleri seed oil. Results reported here indicate the selective release of hydroxy fatty acids during hydrolysis of this oil catalyzed by Rhizopus arrhizus lipase. For example, hydroxy acids composed 85-90 wt% of the free fatty acids released during lipolysis, as compared to 54% present ...