Jump to Main Content
- Thompson, A.E.; Dierig, D.A.; Knapp, S.J.; Kleiman, R.
- Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society 1990 v.67 no.10 pp. 611
- Cuphea; cuphea seed oil; fatty acid composition; dodecanoic acid; decanoic acid; genetic variation; seeds; weight; plant breeding; lipid content
- ... Significant genetic variation for lauric acid (12∶0) and capric acid (10∶0) composition and seed weight was measured within lauric acid-rich, self-pollinating germplasm accessions of Cuphea wrightii, C. tolucana, and C. lutea. Means and ranges of individual plant progenies for 12∶0 content of C. wrightii accessions was 60.5±.63% (49.8±65.8%), 10∶0 content was 23.7±.54% (18.6±33.0%), and 1000-seed ...
- Erhan, S.M.; Kleiman, R.
- Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society 1990 v.67 no.10 pp. 670
- Limnanthes; seed oils; long chain fatty acids; fatty alcohols; chemical composition; gelation; additives; physical properties; Limnanthes alba
- ... The factice gelation time for meadowfoam oil, along with hardness, color, acetone extract and free sulfur content of the gelled products were compared with gelation time and product properties of factice prepared from seed oils of rapeseed, crambe, soybean, castor, Lesquerella and jojoba. The effect of additives, specifically zinc oxide, magnesium oxide, triethylamine, dicyclohexylamine, 2-mercapt ...