Jump to Main Content
- Miwa, T.K.; Rothfus, J.A.; Dimitroff, E.
- Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society 1979 v.56 no.8 pp. 765
- plant fats and oils; animal fats and oils; additives; lubricants; sulfur; Simmondsia chinensis; jojoba; jojoba oil; Physeter; whales
- ... Laboratory and simulated in-use lubricant tests were performed on sulfurized jojoba oil and on reference sulfurized sperm whale oil. Data from these comprehensive tests indicated sulfurized jojoba oil prepared from heat-treated filtered oil to be comparable or superior to sulfurized sperm whale oil as an extreme-pressure additive for motor oils, gear lubricants, and automotive transmission fluids. ...
- List, G.R.; Spencer, G.F.; Hunt, W.H.
- Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society 1979 v.56 no.8 pp. 706
- Datura stramonium; weeds; poisonous plants; seeds; alkaloids; toxic substances; food contamination; Glycine max; soybeans; soybean oil; soybean meal; food processing