Jump to Main Content
« Previous |
1 - 20 of 45
- DeJarlais, W.J.; Koritala, S.; Selke, E.; Bagby, M.O.
- Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society 1988 v.65 no.7 pp. 1180
- food chemistry, etc ; plant fats and oils; fatty acids; Show all 3 Subjects
- ... The electrolysis of methyl oleate in acetic acid solution with LiClO4 as the supporting electrolyte was studied. Both stirred and pumped undivided cells were used with Pt electrodes. Constant current at 6, 8, 16 and 24 ma/cm2 current densities was used. The amount of acetoxyl substitution appeared to be independent of the current density. With 4 Faradays of charge, about 1.1 acetoxy groups were in ...
- Konishi, H.; Neff, W.E.; Mounts, T.L.
- Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society 1993 v.70 no.4 pp. 411
- food chemistry, etc ; soybean oil; esterification; triacylglycerols; fatty acid esters; stearic acid; palmitic acid; isomers; molecular conformation; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Chemical interesterification reaction conditions that provide regioselectivity regarding fatty acid positions in triacylglycerol have been investigated. Sodium methoxide-catalyzed ester interchange between soybean oil and methyl stearate was performed in hexane at low reaction temperature, i.e., 30 to 60°C. The results showed regioselectivity was obtained at 30°C. The ester interchange at 1,3-carb ...