Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: porco?
- Porcu, Emilio, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of the American Statistical Association 2016 v.111 no.514 pp. 888-898
- covariance; equations; map projections; models; ozone; prediction; spectrometers
- ... In this article, we propose stationary covariance functions for processes that evolve temporally over a sphere, as well as cross-covariance functions for multivariate random fields defined over a sphere. For such processes, the great circle distance is the natural metric that should be used to describe spatial dependence. Given the mathematical difficulties for the construction of covariance funct ...
- Porcu, Emilio, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of the American Statistical Association 2012 v.107 no.497 pp. 268-280
- covariance; data collection; equations; ozone; probability
- ... In this article, we propose two methods for estimating space and space-time covariance functions from a Gaussian random field, based on the composite likelihood idea. The first method relies on the maximization of a weighted version of the composite likelihood function, while the second one is based on the solution of a weighted composite score equation. This last scheme is quite general and could ...