Jump to Main Content
- Rozanski, Elizabeth A., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association 2017 v.250 no.12 pp. 1413-1418
- Canine distemper virus; Carnivore protoparvovirus 1; antibodies; blood serum; disease control; dogs; guidelines; hemagglutination; infectious diseases; neutralization; observational studies; seroprevalence; vaccination
- ... OBJECTIVE To determine the prevalence of dogs hospitalized in an intensive care unit (ICU) with serum antibody titers against canine distemper virus (CDV) and canine parvovirus (CPV). DESIGN Prospective observational study. ANIMALS 80 dogs. PROCEDURES Dogs hospitalized in an ICU for > 12 hours between February 1 and June 1, 2015, that had at least 0.25 mL of serum left over from diagnostic testing ...
- Rozanski, Elizabeth A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association 2017 v.251 no.12 pp. 1424-1431
- analysis of variance; case-control studies; crime; demography; dogs; eyes; head; law enforcement; medical records; mucosa; neck
- ... OBJECTIVE To characterize and compare injuries found in dogs involved in spontaneously occurring dogfights with those of dogs used in illegal organized dogfighting. DESIGN Retrospective case-control study. ANIMALS 36 medium-sized dogs evaluated following spontaneous fights with a dog of the same sex and similar weight (medium dog–medium dog [MDMD] fights), 160 small dogs examined following spontan ...