Jump to Main Content
- Seco Diaz, Olga M.; Durando, Mary M.; Birk, Eric K.; Reef, Virginia B.
- Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association 2014 v.245 no.1 pp. 118-125
- blood; colic; death; disease course; euthanasia; horses; prognosis; surgery
- ... Objective-To determine prevalence of myocardial injury in horses with colic on the basis of high concentrations of cardiac troponin I (cTnI), frequency of cardiac arrhythmias within the first 24 to 48 hours after hospital admission or surgery because of colic, and associations between high cTnI concentrations and cardiac arrhythmias, clinical course, and outcome (survival to discharge from hospita ...
- Selleri, Paolo; Di Girolamo, Nicola; Novari, Gianluca
- Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association 2014 v.245 no.1 pp. 87-98
- blood; blood glucose; cats; cross-sectional studies; dogs; glucose; hexokinase; humans; pets; rabbits
- ... Objective- To evaluate performance of a human portable blood glucose meter (PBGM), a veterinary PBGM, and a veterinary benchtop analyzer for measuring blood glucose concentration in rabbits and to evaluate the effect of sample characteristics on their performance. Design- Observational prospective cross-sectional study. Sample- Blood samples from 89 pet rabbits. Procedures- Blood samples from 89 p ...