Jump to Main Content
- Barr, Ciara A.; Gianotti, Giacomo; Graffeo, Carly E.; Drobatz, Kenneth J.; Silverstein, Deborah C.
- Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association 2017 v.251 no.10 pp. 1166-1174
- methadone, etc ; anesthesia; blood; blood gases; blood sampling; catheters; dogs; patients; randomized clinical trials; surgery; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... OBJECTIVE To compare the effect of blood collection by a push-pull technique from an indwelling IV catheter versus direct venipuncture on venous blood gas values before and after administration of alfaxalone or propofol to dogs. DESIGN Prospective randomized clinical study. ANIMALS 30 healthy client-owned dogs that weighed ≥ 10 kg (22 lb) and were anesthetized for elective surgical procedures. PRO ...
- Warne, Leon N.; Beths, Thierry; Holm, Merete; Bauquier, Sébastien H
- Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association 2013 v.243 no.6 pp. 844-850
- methadone, etc ; acepromazine; analgesia; analgesic effect; anesthesia; butorphanol; cats; clinical trials; isoflurane; oxygen; pain; spaying; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Objective-To compare the perioperative analgesic effect between methadone and butorphanol in cats. Design-Randomized controlled clinical trial. Animals-22 healthy female domestic cats. Procedures-Cats admitted for ovariohysterectomy were allocated to a butorphanol group (n = 10) or methadone group (12) and premedicated with butorphanol (0.4 mg/kg [0.18 mg/lb], SC) or methadone (0.6 mg/kg [0.27 mg/ ...