Jump to Main Content
- Lopes, V.L.; Canfield, H.E.
- Journal of the American Water Resources Association 2004 v.40 no.2 pp. 311
- semiarid zones; rangelands; watershed hydrology; runoff; sediment yield; sediment transport; particle size distribution; hydrologic models; simulation models; water erosion; rain; infiltration (hydrology); slope; Arizona
- ... This paper evaluates the effects of watershed geometric representation (i.e., plane and channel representation) on runoff and sediment yield simulations in a semiarid rangeland watershed. A process based, spatially distributed runoff erosion model (KINEROS2) was used to explore four spatial representations of a 4.4 ha experimental watershed. The most complex representation included all 96 channel ...
- Miller, R.C.; Guertin, D.P.; Heilman, P.
- Journal of the American Water Resources Association 2004 v.40 no.2 pp. 347
- watershed management; information technology; decision support systems; decision making; hydrologic models; geographic information systems; Agricultural Research Service; case studies; rangelands; Arizona
- ... Watershed management decision making is a complex process. Cooperation and communication among federal, state, and local stakeholders is required while balancing biophysical and socioeconomic concerns. The public is taking part in environmental decisions, and the need for technology transfer from public agencies to stakeholders is increasing. Information technology has had a profound influence on ...