Jump to Main Content
- Kornecki, T.S.; Sabbagh, G.J.; Storm, D.E.
- Journal of the American Water Resources Association 1999 v.35 no.4 pp. 807
- runoff, etc ; soil erosion; phosphorus; watersheds; mathematical models; prediction; sediments; Virginia; Oklahoma; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... The purpose of this study was to evaluate the performance of Spatially Integrated Models for Phosphorus Loading and Erosion (SIMPLE) in predicting runoff volume, sediment loss, and phosphorus loading from two watersheds. The modeling system was applied to the 334 ha QOD subwatershed, part of the Owl Run watershed, located in Fauquier County, Virginia, and to the 2240 ha watershed, Battle Branch, l ...
- Bent, G.C.; Goff, B.F.; Rightmire, K.G.; Sidle, R.C.
- Journal of the American Water Resources Association 1999 v.35 no.2 pp. 441
- runoff, etc ; soil erosion; waste disposal; Agropyron desertorum; Elymus lanceolatus; soil water; rain; semiarid zones; land restoration; Idaho; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Control of runoff (reducing infiltration) and erosion at shallow land burials is necessary in order to assure environmentally safe disposal of low-level radioactive-waste and other waste products. This study evaluated the runoff and erosion response of two perennial grass species on simulated waste burial covers at Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory (INEEL). Rainfall simulatio ...