Jump to Main Content
- Bredeson, Michael M.; Lundgren, Jonathan G.
- Journal of the Kansas Entomological Society 2015 v.88 no.3 pp. 305-315
- Araneae; Coleoptera; Diptera; Helianthus annuus; Hemiptera; Hymenoptera; climate change; community structure; insects; leaves; morphospecies; oilseed crops; pesticides; soil arthropods; species diversity; surveys; wildlife management; Great Plains region; South Dakota
- ... The long coevolutionary history between sunflowers (Helianthus annuus, Asterales: Asteraceae) and arthropods in the northern Great Plains has resulted in a commonly grown oilseed crop that harbors a large diversity of insects. A bioinventory of foliar and subterranean arthropods was performed in 22 sunflower fields over a period of three site years in central and eastern South Dakota. Overall, 467 ...
- Chaboo, Caroline S.; Flowers, R. Wills
- Journal of the Kansas Entomological Society 2015 v.88 no.3 pp. 354-355
- Bostrichidae; Cantharidae; Chrysomelidae; Dermestidae; surveys; Peru
- ... This third segment in the Beetles of Peru follows from beetle families presented in preceding issues of this journal. This segment presents two chrysomeloid families, Megalopodinae and Chrysomelidae, and Riphiphoridae, Cantharidae, Nosodendridae, Dermestidae, and Bostrichidae. Chrysomelidae in Peru number 1724 species, making it the most speciose of all the beetle families in Peru. More beetle fam ...