Jump to Main Content
- Branson, David H.
- Journal of the Kansas Entomological Society 2006 v.79 no.2 pp. 146
- Ageneotettix deorum; vegetation; recruitment; population density; nutrients; life history; grasshoppers; foods; food plants; food availability; eggs; egg production; egg masses
- ... The effects of variation in host plant availability and population densities on reproductive allocation in grasshoppers have received relatively little attention. The effect of increased host plant availability and population density on survival and reproductive allocation were examined in a widely distributed grasshopper, Ageneotettix deorum (Scudder). The experimental treatments consisted of amb ...
- Hansen, J.D.; Heidt, M.L.
- Journal of the Kansas Entomological Society 2006 v.79 no.2 pp. 207
- Cydia pomonella; larvae; mortality; heat treatment; hot water treatment; anaerobic conditions; atmosphere; nitrogen; insect control; disinfestation
- ... Quarantine regulations of importing countries are designed to prevent the introduction of exotic arthropod pests. A popular procedure is to use thermal treatments such as vapor heat, forced hot air, and hot water dips to disinfest fresh agricultural commodities (Sharp, 1994; Hallman and Armstrong, 1994; Neven, 2003). Other potential treatments involve controlled atmosphere thermal treatment system ...