Jump to Main Content
- Carpenter, Roger W.
- Journal of the Lepidopterists' Society 2015 v.69 no.2 pp. 114-124
- Southwestern United States, etc ; Hesperiidae; adults; breeding; eclosion; females; males; Argentina; Central America; Chile; Colombia; Mexico; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... The accepted normal range of the funereal duskywing skipper, Erynnis funeralis (Hesperiidae), is generally considered to be the southwestern United States, Mexico, Central America, and western South America from Colombia to northern Argentina and Chile. According to various records, however, adult funeralis have been observed in a variety of locations throughout the eastern half of central North A ...
- Burns, John M.
- Journal of the Lepidopterists' Society 2015 v.69 no.4 pp. 275-292
- Southwestern United States, etc ; Hesperiidae; Schizachyrium; adults; coasts; courtship; dunes; female genitalia; females; grasses; habitats; instars; islands; larvae; marshes; new species; oviposition sites; Mexico; North Carolina; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Genus Atrytonopsis of the American Southwest and Mexico includes the distributionally anomalous species Atrytonopsis hianna of the eastern United States, which has given rise to a species that is, in addition, ecologically anomalous (not just for its genus but for US hesperiids generally): Atrytonopsis quinteri new species lives in sand dunes along a 50-km stretch of two North Carolina barrier isl ...