Jump to Main Content
- Lal, B.; Rana, K.S.; Rana, D.S.; Shivay, Y.S.; Sharma, D.K.; Meena, B.P.; Gautam, Priyanka
- Journal of the Saudi Society of Agricultural Sciences 2019 v.18 no.1 pp. 61-71
- Brassica carinata; biomass production; chickpeas; conservation practices; continuous cropping; cropland; crops; glucosinolates; intercropping; lipid content; mixed cropping; nutrient balance; oilseeds; planting; population growth; tropics; India; South East Asia
- ... Brassica carinata (Ethiopian mustard) could be a potential oilseed species for the semiarid tropics but no work has been done to explore the agronomic potential of the crop. Besides that, there is very little chance for horizontal growth of the crop as land is shrinking due to population growth in South-East Asia. Thus, the traditional practice of mixed cropping has gained popularity in recent yea ...
- Panghal, Anil; Chhikara, Navnidhi; Khatkar, B.S.
- Journal of the Saudi Society of Agricultural Sciences 2019 v.18 no.1 pp. 107-111
- ash content; equations; falling number; flat breads; flour; gluten; minerals; physicochemical properties; principal component analysis; protein content; seeds; sensory evaluation; texture; traditional foods; wheat; India
- ... Chapatti (flat bread) is a staple and traditional food consumed in India. The present study highlights correlation of physicochemical characteristics of Indian wheat varieties with quality of chapatti. Flour protein content, minerals, gluten, falling number were observed to observe their effects on chapatti quality. Texture analyzer (Model TA-XT 2i) in combination with sensory evaluation was succe ...