Jump to Main Content
- Albrecht, Matthew A.; Broecker, Lauren A.; Romero-Hernandez, Carolina; Miller, Allison J.
- Journal of the Torrey Botanical Society 2014 v.141 no.1 pp. 1-13
- Caryophyllaceae; amplified fragment length polymorphism; case studies; gene flow; genetic variance; genetic variation; habitats; prairies; prediction; sandstone; Southeastern United States
- ... Theory predicts that edaphic endemics should exhibit high levels of population differentiation due to restricted gene flow among patchily distributed habitats. Here, we tested this prediction with the federally threatened annual Geocarpon minimum, an edaphic endemic restricted to sandstone outcrops and slick spots associated with saline prairies in the Southeastern United States. We used AFLP data ...
- Kauth, Philip J.; Biber, Patrick D.
- Journal of the Torrey Botanical Society 2014 v.141 no.1 pp. 80-90
- Vallisneria americana; coasts; dormancy; environmental health; environmental impact; gibberellic acid; habitat conservation; habitats; hurricanes; imbibition; land restoration; oil spills; scotophase; seed germination; seed scarification; seeds; submerged aquatic plants; testa; Gulf of Mexico; Mississippi
- ... In response to hurricane and oil-spill environmental impacts along the northern Gulf of Mexico, coastal and marine habitat restoration has become a priority. In particular, restoration of submerged aquatic plants is vital for ecosystem health. To facilitate restoration, developing propagation protocols for Gulf coast plants is necessary, but challenging due to the lack of information on many speci ...