Jump to Main Content
- June-Wells, Mark; Gallagher, Frank; Holzapfel, Claus
- Journal of the Torrey Botanical Society 2014 v.141 no.1 pp. 14-28
- Artemisia vulgaris; community structure; forbs; grasses; introduced species; plant communities; population dynamics; shrubs
- ... Assessing border properties within vegetative assemblages is critical to the understanding of plant community dynamics and to the development of non-native species management protocols. Population border zones are the most dynamic part of a plant community and can be evaluated to determine population dynamics, management necessity, or species/species interactions. From a management perspective, ch ...
- Marshall, Jordan M.
- Journal of the Torrey Botanical Society 2014 v.141 no.1 pp. 29-38
- Cirsium; Stellaria; Tanacetum; correlation; dunes; ecosystems; microhabitats; plant communities; plant density; rare species; rocks; sand; shorelines; soil pH; species diversity; surveys; topography; vegetation cover; Great Lakes
- ... Dune ecosystems along the Great Lakes shoreline provide essential habitat for specialized plant communities and several state and federal listed rare species. I conducted a vegetation survey in Grand Sable Dunes, Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, MI, in an effort to investigate the hypothesis that physical dune characteristics influence the distribution of encountered listed species of concern. T ...