Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Xiaoyan; Wang, Guixing; Sun, Zhaohui; Wang, Yufen; Hou, Jilun
- Journal of the World Aquaculture Society 2018 v.49 no.2 pp. 420-428
- Paralichthys olivaceus, etc ; body weight; breeding; breeding programs; doubled haploids; females; flounder; genetic background; genomics; gynogenesis; hatching; heterozygosity; homozygosity; males; mitosis; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Doubled haploid (DH) individuals have many applications in fish genetic and genomic research, as well as in fish breeding programs. Mass production of DHs is difficult because of an extremely low induction rate. Here, we report the mass production of mitotic gynogenetic DHs in Japanese flounder, Paralichthys olivaceus, an economically important marine‐culture fish species. Four groups of mitotic g ...
- Liu, Yongxin; Yang, Runqing; Liu, Yi; Sun, Zhaohui
- Journal of the World Aquaculture Society 2018 v.49 no.2 pp. 412-419
- Paralichthys olivaceus, etc ; animal models; body measurements; body weight; breeding stock; crossing; flounder; genetic analysis; genetic markers; growth traits; heritability; linkage groups; parentage; pedigree; probability; Yellow Sea; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... This study estimated the heritabilities of growth‐related traits in Paralichthys olivaceus using a microsatellite‐based pedigree. A set of 48 microsatellite markers located at different regions of each linkage group were selected from the published genetic map. The flounders used here originated from the Bohai Sea and the broodstock was mated to produce 10 full‐sib families. The resulting fish wer ...