Jump to Main Content
- Cooper, Marie; Olsen, Ragnar L.; Seliussen, Jørgen; Gannefors, Charlotte
- Journal of the World Aquaculture Society 2011 v.42 no.2 pp. 222-229
- Gadus morhua; blood vessels; cod (fish); copper; dietary exposure; dietary supplements; farmed fish; feeds; fillets; fish culture; fish diseases; markets; melanin; weight gain
- ... Chronic over-exposure to diet-borne copper has been implicated in the development of black stripes caused by melanin deposits (melanosis) around the blood vessels in fillets of farmed Atlantic cod, Gadus morhua L. To test this hypothesis a 6-mo pilot study using feeds containing controlled amounts of copper has been performed. Cumulative data from each feed group showed that 56% of cod fed a diet ...
- Herland, Hilde; Cooper, Marie; Esaiassen, Margrethe; Olsen, Ragnar L.
- Journal of the World Aquaculture Society 2011 v.42 no.2 pp. 261-267
- Gadus morhua; chemical analysis; cod (fish); color; copper; dietary mineral supplements; experimental diets; farmed fish; feeds; fish culture; fish fillets; food quality; muscle protein; muscle tissues; muscles; potassium; raw fish; salted fish; sensory evaluation; sensory properties; slaughter; zinc
- ... The aims of this study were to investigate effects of dietary mineral supplementation on chemical and sensory quality parameters of fresh farmed cod fillets and on the quality of salt-cured farmed cod. Farmed cod were fed three experimental diets with different levels of mineral supplements (no supplementation, supplementation without zinc and copper, full supplementation) for approximately 2 yr. ...