Jump to Main Content
- Sabanci, Serdal; Cevik, Mutlu; Cokgezme, Omer F; Yildiz, Hasan; Icier, Filiz
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2019 v.99 no.5 pp. 2589-2595
- titratable acidity, etc ; anthocyanins; antioxidant activity; color; electric potential difference; electrochemistry; electrodes; energy efficiency; evaporation; hydroxymethylfurfural; juice concentrates; odors; ohmic heating; pH; pomegranate juice; processing time; sugar content; sugars; titanium; total soluble solids; volatile fatty acids; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Vacuum evaporation (VE) process is widely utilized in fruit juice evaporation to preserve quality attributes of final product. However, it has some disadvantages such as possible degradation of aroma components or volatile fatty acids due to long process time, and low energy efficiency of process. Pomegranate juice having 17.5% total soluble solid (TSS) content was evaporated to 40% TS ...
- Singh, Sukhvinder Pal; Pal, Ram Krishna; Saini, Manpreet Kaur; Singh, Jagdeep; Gaikwad, Nilesh; Parashuram, Shilpa; Kaur, Charanjit
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2019 v.99 no.11 pp. 5073-5082
- acidity, etc ; polyphenols; mass spectrometry; dietary supplements; liquid chromatography; cyanidin; drugs; human health; breeding programs; secondary metabolites; genotype; fructose; citric acid; anthocyanins; germplasm; cultivars; genetic improvement; ellagic acid; chemometrics; antioxidant activity; ferulic acid; ascorbic acid; fruits; pomegranates; delphinidin; color; aril; India; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Pomegranate fruit is an excellent source of bioactive polyphenolics, known to contribute significantly to human health. India is the largest producer of pomegranate in the world and produces the finest quality fruit with highly desirable consumer traits such as soft seeds, low acidity, and attractive fruit and aril color. Knowledge of the extent of variation in key metabolites (sugars, ...