Jump to Main Content
- Singh, Sukhvinder Pal; Pal, Ram Krishna; Saini, Manpreet Kaur; Singh, Jagdeep; Gaikwad, Nilesh; Parashuram, Shilpa; Kaur, Charanjit
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2019 v.99 no.11 pp. 5073-5082
- acidity, etc ; polyphenols; mass spectrometry; dietary supplements; liquid chromatography; cyanidin; drugs; human health; breeding programs; secondary metabolites; genotype; fructose; citric acid; anthocyanins; germplasm; cultivars; genetic improvement; ellagic acid; chemometrics; antioxidant activity; ferulic acid; ascorbic acid; fruits; pomegranates; delphinidin; color; aril; India; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Pomegranate fruit is an excellent source of bioactive polyphenolics, known to contribute significantly to human health. India is the largest producer of pomegranate in the world and produces the finest quality fruit with highly desirable consumer traits such as soft seeds, low acidity, and attractive fruit and aril color. Knowledge of the extent of variation in key metabolites (sugars, ...
- Kieling, Dirlei Diedrich; Prudencio, Sandra Helena
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2019 v.99 no.3 pp. 1302-1310
- acidity, etc ; Cymbopogon; antimicrobial properties; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; ascorbic acid; beverages; bioactive compounds; color; essential oils; flavorings; freeze drying; leaves; lime juice; odors; phenolic compounds; sensory evaluation; tea; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Lemongrass is an aromatic plant with antioxidant and antimicrobial properties, used for the preparation of medicinal tea and for essential oil production. Previous studies have shown that extracts of lemongrass leaves contain phenolic compounds associated with health benefits. Although essential oils have been widely used as flavoring agents, there is no scientific evidence regarding t ...